Burnett Research Scholars Program Requirements
If awarded the Burnett Research Scholars grant students must fulfill the following requirements during his or her grant funded semester. Failure to meet any of the below requirements will result in the revocation or repayment of the student’s portion of the Burnett Research Scholars grant:
1) Beginning Summer 2017: Enroll in 0 (zero) to 3 (three) hours of independent research credit. These appear as 3905, 4906, or 4912 in the UCF course catalog. Course substitutions for independent study are not accepted.
2) Complete two research progress reports that will be signed by the faculty mentor and submitted to the Director of the Office of Research and Community Engagement. The progress report templates and due dates will be provided by the Office of Research and Community Engagement.
3) Submit a completed research report as well as an introspective report to the Director of the Office of Research and Community Engagement by the last day of classes.
4) Present a poster of the Burnett Research Scholars funded project at the annual UCF Showcase of Undergraduate Research Excellence (SURE) Spring 2017 (if applicable) or Spring 2018.
5) Submit a manuscript of the Burnett Research Scholars funded project to the UCF Undergraduate Research Journal (or other relevant academic journal) for peer- reviewed publication.
Spring 2017 report deadline: TBA
Summer (c-term) 2016 report deadline: TBA
Fall 2016 report deadline: TBA