Burnett Research Scholars
Thank you for your interest in the Burnett Research Scholars grant. This grant is sponsored by The Burnett Honors College’s Office of Research and Community Engagement and is open to all UCF freshmen and sophomores who meet the following eligibility requirements at the time of application:
- One completed semester at UCF and at least four semesters remaining prior to graduation at the time this application is submitted.
- 3.200 UCF GPA
- Sponsorship from a UCF faculty mentor
- Have not previously received a grant through the Burnett Research Scholars program.
The purpose of the Burnett Research Scholars grant is to foster undergraduate research across the curriculum at UCF. In order to ensure equitable distribution of funding across departments and programs, we will accept proposals from the following tracks:
- Arts & Humanities
- Business Administration
- Communication and Journalism
- Education and Human Performance
- Health and Public Affairs
- Social and Behavioral Sciences
- Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics
Each faculty-student mentored project will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Originality and depth of project; amount of research completed/breadth of research
- Feasibility of project objectives within the next year
- Social and educational impact of the project; significance of the project in furthering the student’s research skills and abilities
- A letter of recommendation from the student’s research mentor
All proposals will go through a complete review process and the top five proposals will be selected for funding.
Student awardees will receive a grant of $1,000 and faculty mentors will receive a grant of $1,000. Please be advised that students who are receiving other funding may still apply for the Burnett Research Scholars grant, but this may be taken into consideration by the review committee when making their decisions. Also note that completed research or creative projects, such as Honors in the Major theses, are ineligible for funding. The Burnett Research Scholars grant only supports current and ongoing research or creative projects at UCF.
For consideration of funding, a complete application packet for the Summer 2017 Burnett Research Scholars grant must be submitted via the link below no later than 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, April 19, 2017.
Late submissions will not be accepted.